Letter to the Editor: Thank you to Professor Glinecki

Letter+to+the+Editor%3A+Thank+you+to+Professor+Glinecki+

By Tiffany Trent

Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays for several reasons such as eating delicious foods, watching Thanksgiving specials on TV and especially spending quality time with loved ones.

Another reason I also think Thanksgiving is so important is because it gives us an opportunity to express our gratitude for the people in our lives that often go unsaid throughout the year. Therefore, I would like to take a little time and say how much I truly appreciate psychology professor, Dr. Megan Glinecki (aka Dr. G to her students).

I have taken Dr. G for psych of personality, abnormal psychology and history of psychology and have never known such a great professor (and having been in college for four years, I have had my fair share of teachers). From the very first lecture of hers that I listened to, I was completely enthralled. She is a master storyteller and extremely knowledgeable and passionate about psychology. Her lectures are humorous and lively and anything but boring. She always engages her students by asking questions and allowing us to share our own experiences if we want. Her enthusiasm for psychology and learning is very contagious. I have never learned half as much from anyone else as I have from Dr. G. She is filled with invaluable information and advice not just for the class but for life as well. She is never too busy to talk to a student and treats us all like equals instead of inferiors.

I am happy to thank Dr. G for the countless ways she has been a wonderful mentor who regularly exceeds my expectations of a professor. She is always so open and kind and humble and takes a genuine interest in me and my life. She has taught me about psychology, life, relationships and resilience. She listens and encourages me to expand my boundaries and motivates me to thrive in school. For these things and many others, I want to say a big and sincere thank you to the professor I admire the most.

Thank you Dr. G for being such a positive, happy, intelligent and kind influence in my life.