CSUSM Autos holds second annual car show

Antonio Pequeño IV, A&E Editor

Flashy wraps, modified engines and cars of various makes were present for CSUSM Autos’ second annual car show.

Stated on their student organization web page, CSUSM Autos “represents car enthusiasts and those who are interested in learning more about cars in general.”

According to the same web page, the club strives “to teach safe driving habits to fellow students and teach those interested about simple maintenance.”

The show took place on March 25 in lot B, free for all spectators and had a $20 registration fee for those who wanted to enter their cars into the show. From souped up Ford Mustangs to sleek Subarus and BMWs, there were no lack of entries for spectators to lay their eyes on.

Automobile clubs North County Subies, Ikigai Car Culture, and Ovrdue were in attendance alongside servicers/vendors Delicious Tuning, Throtl, and HMotorsOnline.

While providing food and music for attendees, CSUSM Autos gave awards for Best Detail, Stance, Subaru, Engine, Wheels, People’s Choice, and Best of Show.

Club president Ryan Stanchfield said, “This year, we had much more time to plan, organize and promote the event. We had a much larger and diverse turnout than last year.”

Along with funding and promoting the show, CSUSM Autos did have some help. “Working with La Porcha Ingram from Student Life & Leadership (SLL) and Christopher Silvia from [Event and Conference Services] made planning the show simple. The hardest part when dealing with an event of this nature is attracting a mature, responsible audience,” said Stanchfield.

Discussing what was important about hosting a car show, Stanchfield stated, “We [CSUSM Autos] all find appreciation in different cars and I think it is important that we translate that to different people. I really enjoy seeing different people find joy in the same passion and bringing our shared passion onto our campus.”