Graduate shares her college adventure

Mackenzie Waldron, Assistant Features Editor

Elizabeth Jaffari, a graduating senior at CSUSM, reflects on her college experience and gives advice to current and future Cougars.

Jaffari is receiving her Bachelor’s Degree in Literature and Writing Studies with a minor in Arts and Technology.

“I honestly loved all of my classes. But if I had to choose one, I would say my LTWR 100 class taught by Professor Suzie Cassel.  This was the class in sophomore year that made me want to be a Literature and Writing major,” said Jaffari.

Like many other Cougars, Jaffari was involved in campus activities.

“I was the Design Editor and Cartoonist for The Cougar Chronicle for about a year. I was also the Treasurer of the Literature and Writing Club during my sophomore and junior year, and I’m currently a writing tutor on campus at the Writing Center,” said Jaffari.

Jaffari spoke about her college expectations and her college experience.  She said  she began her college experience by not being involved but changed her social life after her first year.

“When sophomore year started, I decided to get involved with a few clubs and organizations. And ever since, I’ve stayed in college and met amazing friends along the way,” said Jaffari.

Jaffari shared her favorite memories at CSUSM, “Off the top of my head, pretty much any moment that I’ve spent with my friends. But the most recent one is winning the 15th Annual International Fair Poster Contest, and seeing my artwork being posted all over campus.”

Like her fellow graduating peers, there are also things that Jaffari will miss about CSUSM.

“I will miss my literature and art classes. I’ve learned so much from all of my amazing professors and had a lot of fun doing my assignments,” said Jaffari.

Jaffari gave advice to incoming and current undergraduate Cougars, “It is okay to ask for help when you need it. It is okay to feel like you’re lost. Focus on the things you love and get rid of the things that don’t love you back.”