Police Beat 10/11-10/16

Oct. 11, 2:30 –  3:45 p.m.

A student reported a theft of property. The spoiler from his Green Nissan 240 SX had been removed. This occurred at parking lot F behind Markstein Hall. If anyone knows more about the incident they are encouraged to contact Campus Police.

Oct. 11, 8 a.m. –  12:15 p.m.

A hit and run was reported in parking lot F. A student came back from class finding the front of her car damaged. It appeared someone hit her hood.

Oct. 14, 10:15 p.m.

Officers pulled over two cars racing on Barham Drive, a ‘98 black BMW and a ‘97 Honda accord. CSUSM police detected them racing down the street and reported that they drove around 60 mph in a 45 mph zone.

The two drivers, Winslo Revera, 19, non-student, Escondido and a 16-year-old male both received misdemeanor citations and were then released.

Oct. 15, 12:50 a.m.

University police officers arrested Wayne Fernane, 43, non-student, Oceanside for possession of drug paraphernalia. Officers saw Mr. Fernanes vehicle parked at the side of Santa Barbara Drive with fogged windows. Officers investigated the vehicle and found a smoking pipe that they seized. Mr. Fernane was released on the spot with a misdemeanor citation.

Oct. 16, 1 p.m.

A report of a mountain lion sighting on campus reached the San Diego sheriffs office. The animal was seen on the hillside beside parking lot F.

University police, the sheriff’s office, and the California Department of Fish and Game warden were out looking for the animal with help from a helicopter. The animal was not found. If seen, contact University police right away.