San Diego is home to hundreds of hidden cuisine gems. When it comes to Asian and Pacific Islander inspired foods, San Diego is not lacking in excellence.
Here are the top five Asian/Pacific Islander-inspired restaurants in San Diego that are perfect for college students:
1. Chamorro Grill: This island barbeque restaurant located on Mission Gorge Road in San Diego beautifully blends Hawaiian and Filipino foods in large portions. For an unbeatable price, almost everything on the menu is less than $10 and constitutes an ideal hangout for college students.
2. Bali Hai Restaurant: Located in scenic Point Loma, Bali Hai offers gorgeous views overlooking the ocean as a backdrop while guests indulge in drinks and island seafood with an Asian twist. Although in an ideal location, Bali Hai might not be as cheap as other restaurants in the area with a price range of $11 to $30 per plate. Despite its’ pricier menu, Bali Hai is perfect for anyone looking to get out with friends and enjoy what San Diego has to offer.
3. Manna Korean Barbeque: This restaurant offers excellent service and delicious Korean cuisine with prices ranging from $11 to $50. The restaurant is located off of Nordahl Road in San Marcos, less than 10 minutes from campus. The relaxed, casual vibe of the restaurant makes it a great place for a large group of friends to go and split the all-you-can-eat menu on a weekend.
4. Island Style Café: If you’re not looking for a night out and would rather spend some time with friends over brunch, head to the Island Style Café in San Diego. Only open until 3 p.m., the café puts a Hawaiian twist on Asian-style breakfast and brunch foods, all priced under $10. From sweet to savory, their menu is perfect if you’re tired of your usual breakfast.
5. Tio Chino: Located off of Rosecrans Street in San Diego, Tio Chino has taken Mexican food and added Asian flare, creating something that San Diego residents love. Known for their delicious lunch and decadent dessert menus, patrons can expect nothing less than exceptional fusion cuisine at an average price. Tio Chino is casual and great for everyone.