Annelisa Zamora

Annelisa Zamora, Managing Editor

All content by Annelisa Zamora

Live stream entertainment from the comfort of your couch

Annelisa Zamora, Managing Editor April 5, 2020

As we’re all practicing social distancing and self-isolation, binging countless episodes of The Office or dwindling down your watch- list on Netfl ix can feel a little repetitive. So here’s a list...

The Chronicle Entertainment Rundown

Sasha Anand and Annelisa Zamora October 25, 2019

Book: “The Kiss Quotient”   In the 2018 novel “The Kiss Quotient” by Helen Hoang, Stella Lane is a 30-year-old woman who is very invested in her career and has completely...

Juncture exhibit features work from Jake Northington titled “Young Sunsets” (left) and “Altazia Blues” (right).

JUNCTURE exhibit showcases talent of San Marcos artist community

Annelisa Zamora, Managing Editor October 24, 2019

In May of this year, CSUSM alumni Kimberly Lopez and SofA fourth-year student Sarah Bricke put out an open call for artwork. According to CSUSM News, of the 30 submissions they received, 11 artists were...

The Chronicle Entertainment Rundown

Annelisa Zamora and Anneliese Esparza October 10, 2019

TV show: Dark Tourist The Netflix documentary series follows New Zealand journalist David Farrier as he dives into the world of dark tourism. Visiting nuclear wastelands, the spot of JFK’s assassination...

Student artists Sarah Bricke and Kimberly Lopez in front of the white rose memorial

Student artists pay tribute to original artist with memorial renovation

Annelisa Zamora, A&E Editor May 8, 2019

Approximately one year ago, students Sarah Bricke and Kimberly Lopez started planning their vision in re-dedicating CSUSM’s White Rose memorial.   Originally designed in 2003 by Cynthia Joseph...

Entertainment Rundown

Entertainment Rundown

Annelisa Zamora, A&E Editor April 25, 2019

Show: Love, Death and Robots Netflix’s new anthology series premiered March 15 with 18 episodes ranging from 6 to 17 minute long. The series is funny, vulgar, gory, heartfelt, entertaining and definitely...

Entertainment Rundown

Annelisa Zamora, Arts & Entertainment Editor April 12, 2019

Show: Love, Death and Robots Netflix’s new anthology series premiered March 15 with 18 episodes ranging from 6 to 17 minute runtimes. This series is funny, vulgar, gory, heartfelt, entertaining and...

Captain Marvel holds its own among other Marvel films

Annelisa Zamora, Annelisa Zamora March 25, 2019

Before we see how it all “ends” on April 26, Marvel Studios has taken us back to the 90’s to see how the Avengers began. Captain Marvel is the origin story of Vers/Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel and...

Studio A on the second floor of Kellogg Library has the necessary equipment for students.

Kellogg Studios serves student production needs

Annelisa Zamora, A&E Editor March 9, 2019

“Lights, camera, action” is a lot easier said than done when you’re a college student working on a budget. Luckily, CSUSM has a hidden gem on campus for all your video and audio service needs.   Located...

The Chronicle entertainment rundown

Annelisa Zamora, A&E Editor February 5, 2019

A celebration of American Indian culture

Annelisa Zamora and Meghan Knight December 7, 2018

By performing special pieces by Indigenous artists, sharing their culture through traditional bird songs, song from the southern drums and traditional games, the American Indian Student Alliance (AISA)...

Participants share their coming our stories during the coming out monologues event on Nov.13.

Pride center hosts The Coming Out Monologues

Annelisa Zamora, A&E Editor November 29, 2018

Thirteen courageous students chose to share their happy or struggling experiences of coming out.   Every wall in the ballroom, except the mainstage, consisted of different colors resembling...

Poster for Women at War

Women at War speaks on the realities of being a soldier

Playwright, Rebecca Johannsen, debuted the latest edition of her play, Women at War at CSUSM on Nov. 7.   The play retells the true stories of four women soldiers from the U.S. Army’s Female...

Sarah Bricke works in the wood-
shop on Oct. 25.

Student brings class project to life with art installation in Vista

Annelisa Zamora, A&E Editor November 7, 2018

One of CSUSM’s students is working on a public art piece to be displayed at the Alta Vista Botanical Gardens located in Vista, CA.   Sarah Bricke is a fourth year student at CSUSM majoring...

ocumentary shines light on professor who overcame life as a gang member

Annelisa Zamora, A&E Editor October 29, 2018

CSUSM’s Transitions Collective hosted a screening of The Pushouts, a documentary film directed by Katie Galloway centered around the story of Dr.Victor Rios; a college professor, author, speaker and...

Speaker Jackie Wang reads to audience members at a Liteary series event Oct. 4.

Literary series opens with politically and emotionally charged presentation

Annelisa Zamora, A&E Editor October 13, 2018

Jackie Wang, Boston based writer and poet, spoke about her experience and research on the United States continuum of incarceration and read from her recently published book of essays, Carceral Capitalism...

Annelisa Zamora, with family, enjoys her summer vacation at Vatican City, Italy on July 1,2018.

Annelisa Zamora, A&E Editor September 13, 2018

If there is one thing my summer vacation taught me, it is that I romanticized places more than I realized.   I was lucky enough to travel to Ireland and Italy this past summer and it was a bit...

Alexis VanPelt and Natalie De La Rosa  get to know each other as they paint their nails in the Gender Equity Center on August 30.

CSUSM students learn what it means to be “femme”

The Gender Equity Center (GEC) kicked off the new semester with Femme Fest in hopes to educate and entertain. The primary focus of the small celebration was the history and evolution of the term “femme.”...

REVIEW: CSUSM spark female empowerment  through intimate monologues

REVIEW: CSUSM spark female empowerment through intimate monologues

Annelisa Zamora and Lara Amin March 14, 2018

“Relatable, accurate and funny” are the words audience members used to describe the live performances of The Vagina Monologues held on Feb. 23 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the USU Ballroom. Several...

Behind the doors of the USU Activity Center, students participate in a Wednesday Karaoke night, one of the many Welcome-back events held in this room.

USU Live! sings in the spring semester

Annelisa Zamora, Assistant Arts Editor February 6, 2018

The beginning of the semester is typically a stressful time as students assimilate to their new classes, spend hundreds on textbooks and adjust to their new sleeping schedule. What better way to kick off...

Student showcases her piece at the Literature Club Open Mic during U-hour, Thursday, Nov. 30.

Literature and Writing club presents a student open mic

Meghan Taylor and Annelisa Zamora December 8, 2017

Carefully pieced together poems and short stories were brought to life by more than 15 CSUSM students, on Nov. 30 during the Open Mic event hosted by CSUSM’s Literature and Writing Club. From readings...

Authors Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha and Hugo García Manríquez pose for a photo at the final event of the Community & World Literary Series on Nov. 16.

Writing community gathers for final event of Community & World Literary Series

Annelisa Zamora, Assistant Arts Editor November 27, 2017

On Nov. 16, CSUSM’s Literature & Writing department hosted its final event of the fall semester’s four-part Community & World Literary series. The night was filled with readings from two...

CSUSM hosts haunted house

CSUSM hosts haunted house

Annelisa Zamora, Assistant Arts Editor November 13, 2017

On Oct. 27 Campus Rec, ASI and Tukwut Life hosted a night of Halloween fun in the USU ballroom. The event provided students a way to kick off the fall season with themed activities and haunted attractions. The...

Not a “Mexican Halloween”

Annelisa Zamora, Assistant Arts Editor October 28, 2017

On Oct. 18, Grace Alvarez Sesma spoke to CSUSM students about the Mexican celebration, Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead. Sesma is a curandera, a traditional native healer that specializes in leading...

Successful Inaugural Lowrider Experience at CSUSM

Meghan Taylor and Annelisa Zamora October 17, 2017

Saturday September 23, from 4pm-10pm, marked the inauguration of the Lowrider Experience on the CSUSM campus, a community outreach event hosted by CSUSMs’ Latino Association of Faculty and Staff...

Your favorite Halloween movies with a cup of tea on chilly afternoons is a great and relaxing way to spend your fall.
Credit: Photo illustration by Jada Mullins.

Here’s how one Cougar spends the fall season

Annelisa Zamora, Assistant Arts Editor October 12, 2017

It’s finally that time of the year again. Leaves are starting to change color and it’s cold enough to wear those sweaters that have been kept in the back of the closet all summer. For me,...

Artist Dare Talley standing next to his artwork during his “Inner Child” exhibition at Charity Wings on Sept. 1.

Dare Talley debuts second art show “Inner Child”

Annelisa Zamora, Assistant Arts Editor September 13, 2017

Former CSUSM student, Darius “Dare” Talley hosted his second art show, “Inner Child” at Charity Wings and Urge Gastropub. The exhibit is set to run from Aug. 25 to Oct. 6. Each ink drawn piece...

Students help ASI “bite out hunger”

Students help ASI “bite out hunger”

Annelisa Zamora, Staff writer May 15, 2017

On May 2, the  Associated Students Inc.,  hosted the “Bite Out Hunger” event where students were encouraged to donate non-perishable and canned foods in exchange for free pizza and shirts. Staff...

Bastille performs at The Novo in Downtown LA

Annelisa Zamora, Staff writer May 10, 2017

Amidst Coachella performances and arena shows, British indie pop band Bastille made a stop at The Novo for a more intimate club performance on April 19. The band, whose single “Pompeii”  landed...

CSUSM screens “Yeah Maybe, No” to kick off Sexual Assault Awareness Month

Annelisa Zamora, Staff writer April 18, 2017

On April 10, CSUSM hosted an independent film called, Yeah Maybe, No by documentary filmmaker Kelly Kend in the USU Ballroom. Kend’s work has previously been featured in the Washington Post and the Huffington...

Why I chose CSUSM

Why I chose CSUSM

Annelisa Zamora, Staff writer February 24, 2017

I thought choosing a college to attend would be easier than it was. Contrary to what movies lead you to believe, there are a lot more factors that determine where you’ll spend the next four years...

Load More Stories