Citlally Arroyo

Citlally Arroyo, Assistant News Editor

All content by Citlally Arroyo
The Sprinter is a favored form of alternative transportation for some CSUSM students.

White Rose Memorial commemorates Jewish community in recent attack

Citlally Arroyo, News Editor May 8, 2019

Students, faculty and the public gathered at the Forum Plaza on the eve of Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) for the rededication ceremony of the White Rose Memorial on campus.   The memorial...

TEDxCSUSM organizers postpone event

TEDxCSUSM organizers postpone event

Citlally Arroyo, News edito March 25, 2019

Due to an expired license, the organizers of TEDxCSUSM had to postpone the event which was scheduled for Saturday, March 23.   “Everything was ready, speakers were on board, we got all the...

TEDxCSUSM to return to campus

Citlally Arroyo, News Editor March 16, 2019

A team of five students and an alumnus organized the second TEDxCSUSM event. Five speakers will give TED-like talks to the campus and to guests outside of CSUSM on Saturday, March 23 from 4 p.m....

CSUSM celebrates campaign completion

CSUSM celebrates campaign completion

Citlally Arroyo, News Editor February 20, 2019

After seven years, CSUSM, the youngest university in the 23-campus California State University  (CSU) system, surpassed its goal of $50 million for its first comprehensive fundraising campaign called...

Scott Ybarrondo, chief of police poses for headshot.

UPD chief of police engages in dialogue with students

Citlally Arroyo, News Editor February 5, 2019

Associated Students, Inc. hosted Conversations with the Chief on Thursday, Jan. 31 during U-hour to give students the opportunity to meet and converse with CSUSM Chief of Police, Scott Ybarrondo, and to...

Presidential Search Open Forum

Citlally Arroyo, Assistant News Editor December 7, 2018

Following the announcement of President Karen Haynes’ retirement, effective June 30, 2019, the CSUSM Presidential Committee is searching for a new president.   On Friday, Nov. 30, the CSUSM...

Students from the CSUSM Student Philanthropy Council, from left to right (I need to ask someone), then Chris Morales, and Anna Rapada.

Campus prepares for CSUSM Giving Day

Citlally Arroyo, Assistant News Editor November 30, 2018

CSUSM Giving Day is a 24-hour social media driven campaign to raise money for scholarships, programs and departments throughout the university.   It will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 27 in conjunction...

On Oct. 11 SHCS representatives stand ready to share information about mental health.

Campus event encourages students

Citlally Arroyo, Assistant News Editor October 26, 2018

As part of National Depression Screening Day, Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) and the H.O.P.E. & Wellness Center provided students the opportunity to take a screening for depression.   The...

Food insecurity initiative aids CSUSM students

Citlally Arroyo and Stephany Mejia October 12, 2018

An Associated Students Inc. (ASI) initiative called Fresh Market Mondays provides free fruits and vegetables to CSUSM students to decrease food insecurity. The ASI Cougar Pantry, composed of staff, interns...

Student health and counseling services representative Rachel Kawren smiles for a photo in the #4MIND4BODY event at CSUSM’s forum plaza on August 28, 2018.

Back to school event raises awareness about student mental health

Citlally Arroyo, Assistant News Editor September 14, 2018

Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) along with the HOPE and Wellness Center organized CSUSM #4mind4body to educate students on the importance of healthy minds and bodies.   Cherryl...

Load More Stories