CONSPIRACY THEORY CORNER: MIND CONTROL, TOOTH DECAY THROUGH FLUORIDATION

OWEN HEMSATH

The process of water fluoridation has been a topic of much debate in the United States with its opponents being the target of ridicule campaigns as seen in movies such as “Dr. No.” While the movie shows multiple studies of fluoride from medical doctors and dentist across the world showcasing its danger, one might wonder how dangerous and harmful it really is.

According to activist group the Fluoride Action Network (FAN), the process of fluoridation occurs when sodium fluoride- a neurotoxin derived from chemical waste product- is added into the water supply.  While the Center for Disease Control website insists that fluoridation will help reduce tooth decay, a report by the same organization states that the chemical waste product doesn’t work, noting that fluorides efficacy is “primarily topical for both adults and children” and can be harmful if ingested. Medical experts such as Dr. William Hirzy, Vice President of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) union, echo the research, “If you want to prevent sunburn, you don’t drink suntan lotion.” Dr. Bill Osmunson of FAN warns that over ingestion can be harmful stating that “no doctor is looking to ensure that we’re not getting too much.” According to the EPA, an over ingestion of such neurotoxins can cause fluorosis – a degenerative tooth and enamel disease that affects 32 percent of U.S. children.

According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, a wellness professional in the U.S., acknowledges the effectiveness of such activity reporting that “over time, fluoride accumulates in many areas of your body; including areas of your brain that control and alter behavior, particularly your hippocampus and other limbic areas. More than 124 studies linking fluoride to brain damage in animals and reduced IQ in children have been published.”

Despite the evidence suggesting harmful affects of water fluoridation, roughly 70 percent of the American water supply is fluoridated according to the CDC and an employee at the Vallecito Water District, who shall remain anonymous, confirms that just months ago, North San Diego County was instructed to add fluoride to the San Marcos public water supply.  In addition, the Environmental Protection Agency announced that it would also lower the amount of fluoride in the municipal water supply.