CAMPUS CALENDAR

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 12:

-Ritmo Loco Quartet
5:30 – 8:30 p.m., Arts 111. This all-star group fuses the American jazz tradition with tropical, Salsa and Afro-Cuban influences.

THURSDAY, OCT. 13:

-International Coffee Hour
Noon – 1 p.m., Tukwut Courtyard. Come and enjoy a monthly cross-cultural campus tradition! Everyone is welcome! There will be free snacks and drinks.

SATURDAY, OCT. 15:

-CSUSM Improv Comedy Show
7 – 8 p.m and 9-10 p.m., Arts 101. Welcome to the CSUSM Improv Comedy Show! You will be entertained by a “Who’s [sic] Line is it Anyway” style of performance.

TUESDAY, OCT. 18:

-Mexico City Olympics Black Power Salute
6 – 8:30 p.m., Clarke 113. John Carlos will touch on the background to the salute, the immediate responses both at the 1968 Olympic Games and in the US and its significance for Civil Rights and athletics, among other areas, as well as the role of that moment in history and what it portends for the future.

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 19:

-CSUSM Study Abroad Fair
10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Kellogg Plaza. Come out to speak with representatives from across the field of study abroad and see how you can widen your perspective this year.

-Female Entrepreneurs: Gender Advantages
5:30 – 9 p.m., Markstein area. Speaker Natalie Pace, CEO and founder, Women’s Investment Network follows a panel of unique women.

THURSDAY, OCT. 20:

-Love Your Body Day Fair
11:30 a.m -1:30 p.m., Forum Plaza. Come to the Women’s Center Love Your Body Day fair to celebrate real beauty and strength. Dozens of campus and San Diego community organizations will have fun, interactive activities, giveaway items, art, food and information.

LATER EVENTS

-2012 O-Team applications are now available in the Student Life and Leadership office in Craven 3400. Applications are due by Oct. 21 at noon in the SLL office.

-The Kellogg Library will be holding a giant curriculum material sale on Oct. 25 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Some items will cost as little as $0.25, and proceeds will support the Library’s collection.