THE PRIDE PLAYLIST

MELISSA MARTINEZ

It is now that time of the year: hot chocolate in front of warming fireplaces, Christmas lights brightening up neighborhoods and my personal favorite: Christmas music. There is something special about grocery aisles blasting yuletide hits we all grew up with. This issue’s playlist is dedicated to Christmas music that warms our hearts as we prepare for this holiday season.

You can’t start the holiday season off without listening to “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” by the amazing Gayla Peevey. This song is both catchy and cute and was the primary reason I asked for a hippopotamus for Christmas every year.

One of the best parts of Christmas decorations is realizing you are standing right under mistletoe with someone you care about. This brings me to the next song, “Mistletoe” by Justin Bieber. Not only is his voice sweet, but so is his heart. All proceeds from his Christmas album, “Under the Mistletoe” went to charity.

Speaking of sweet voices, Michael Buble’s version of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” from his new holiday album, “Christmas,” is a must listen to. His jazz style and velvet voice will make you want to cuddle near a fireplace with your special “someone.”

Speaking of cuddling, Glee’s version of “Baby, it’s Cold Outside,” a duet between characters Blaine and Kurt is a romantic song that musically captivates us to continue listening as we anticipate the character’s future relationship.

Another traditional song remake from Glee’s second volume Christmas album is “Little Drummer Boy” sung by Artie, a character with a rough, but angelic voice for this year’s Christmas episode.

One of my favorite Christmas songs is “Believe” by Josh Groban from “The Polar Express” soundtrack. Groban’s amazing voice beautifully captures the Christmas spirit as he reminds us to believe in the magic that surrounds us every day.

In conclusion to this holiday playlist is none other than “Santa, Baby” originally recorded by Eartha Kitt, a provocative holiday favorite.