CSUSM Police Beat

September 9th 2p.m.

University police stopped a car with a broken break light at the traffic stop Barham Drive and Campus way. They arrested the driver Roman Ortiz, 18, non-student, Encinitas for driving under influence of alcohol and drugs, for being an unlicensed driver and for possession of marijuana. The passenger Jose Delgadillo, 19, non-student, Encinitas was arrested for possession of marijuana. When the officers stepped up to the car they could smell both the alcohol and marijuana.

September 11th 1a.m

University police officer arrested student Shane Desfor, 19 for being drunk in public. He was taken to Vista county jail and released  eight hours later on his own recognizance. Police officers found him staggering on Barham drive.  

September 11th 3a.m.

Officer  observed a vehicle tailgating another at Twin Oaks Valley Road at the bridge over highway 78. They pulled the vehicle over and when they approached the car officers could smell both marijuana and alcohol. Christopher Miller, 21, non-student, Riverside was arrested for DUI and possession of marijuana. Mr. Miller had .08 blood alcohol level when tested at the station.

September 12th 1.25 a.m.

University police officer arrested students Eva Hinton, 18, San Clemente and Laura McAndrew, 19, Capital Beach at the UVA for being drunk in public. The officer heard the two females argue loudly in the UVA common area and went over to look what was going on, the two females were both intoxicated, disturbing the peace. They were taken to Vista county jail and released on their own recognizance.

September 12th 11.25 p.m.

Police officers stopped a vehicle running a red light on Twin Oaks Valley Road. The driver, Jaques Matory, 22, non-student, Carslbad was issued a misdemeanor citation for possession of marijuana and for possession of an open container of alcohol in the vehicle. He was  then released.

September 13th 3.50 a.m.

University police officers stopped a vehicle that they had observed changing lanes without signaling on Carmel Avenue and Venture road. The driver Guadenzio Fabian, 31, non-student, Vista were then arrested for being an unlicensed driver.

September 14th 11.25 p.m.

Police officer observed David Baca, 21, non-student, Escondido run a red light at Campus view drive in front of craven. They pulled him over on parking lot C on campus, the officers could smell marijuana when they approached the vehicle. They searched the car and found marijuana in the car, Mr. Baca received a misdemeanor citation and was released on the spot.