Lady Cougar’s keep on winning

Photos of Cougar softball provided by CSUSM athletics. Visit at www.CSUSMcougars.com

By: Shaina Pardo

This season the Lady Cougars are excelling on the diamond.

The Lady Cougars’ success can be attributed to both how they have played and how they have bonded.

“The team bought into a family dynamic outlook and the fact that they are understanding it is okay to fail, but all that matters is reaction,” Coach Ledesma said.

According to Junior Genna Main, this season has been nothing but great so far.

“The progress of the team is getting better and better each and every day. Since day one we have had a sense of camaraderie; we find the holes to get better and better. Just as coach says we have seven little battles each game and each game we take seven little battles seriously. We have improved each and every day, when we work and stay together as a team we become one unit,” Main said.

This season the women have been doing great in every aspect, especially their ability to trust a brand new coach in her first season at CSUSM. The Lady Cougars have quite a while to go before they go to nationals in May.

According to Coach Ledesma, every single game is important and every game is a new opportunity to be better and do better.  cougarsoftball3CougarsSoftball