Don’t let the heat ruin your makeup

Lex Garcia, Student Life Reporter

For those of us who wear makeup, it is  frustrating when a lot of time and effort is spent on doing makeup, and right when you step outside, for some reason it seems to be melting off.

People think that there isn’t any solution to achieving a flawless matte face during the summertime or during any heatwave, but there is.

Here are some easy tips and tricks for a flawless, matte summer makeup look. Let’s start with the face.

Ever heard of the saying, “A little goes a long way?” Well think of that when using foundation. If you use less foundation, the less there will be to melt off throughout the day. You can even ditch foundation all together and switch to products like tinted moisturizers, BB creams or even CC creams.

Another tip is to replace your makeup powders with baby powder. Yes, baby powder. When  colored powder is used, it is almost like adding more frosting to the cake. Using baby powder as your setting powder during the summer helps absorb excess oils and even prevents makeup from caking up.

During the summer sometimes people avoid wearing eyeshadow, eyeliner and false eyelashes because eye makeup always seems to smudge, especially in hot weather. A trick that works really well in preventing mascara from smudging is adding a little bit of cocoa powder in between coats of mascara.

An odd, but favorite tip for long lasting matte makeup is using Phillips Milk of Magnesia as a primer, and yes that is a laxative. Applying this to the most oily parts of your skin two to three times a week could reduce the overall amount of excess oils that appear on your face.
It is possible to have summer proof makeup. All it takes is just a couple of easy adjustments to your daily makeup routine.