DROPPING THIS WEEK 3/28

RYAN DOWNS

“BLACK SWAN” FOX SEARCHLIGHT PICTURES (R)

Director Darren Aronofsky helms this sexually and psychologically intense film, released on DVD/Blu-ray today. “Black Swan” stars Natalie Portman as an ambitious and innocent young ballerina taking part in a production of “Swan Lake.” She can dance the part of the white swan perfectly, but dancing the part of the black swan requires delving into a darker part of her personality she may not be ready to face.

“TANGLED” WALT DISNEY HOME ENTERTAINMENT (PG)

This fun and family-friendly retelling of the classic story of “Rapunzel” drops today. The latest animated film from Disney, “Tangled” is the story of a princess (Mandy Moore) who has grown up locked away in a castle. Rapunzel’s life changes when she happens upon notorious thief (Zachary Levi), who offers to set her free from the castle in exchange for treasure.

“FEMME FATALE” BRITNEY SPEARS (JIVE RECORDS)

The newest album from the Queen of Pop, Britney Spears, is finally on sale today. According to Spears, the album is supposed to sound unlike anything she’s ever done, and critics liked the two singles she has premiered, including “Till the World Ends,” which premiered on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show earlier this month.

“THE KING OF LIMBS” RADIO HEAD (SELF-RELEASED)
Radiohead’s latest album is already popular with fans, as most of its singles have been released on iTunes. The album itself, however, is available on Amazon.com and other music venues as of today. It features darker music, even accounting for what the band has produced, as evidenced by the purposefully discomforting artwork on the album by artist Stanley Dunwood.

“MAD MEN: SEASON FOUR” AMC (LIONSGATE)
Released today, is the fourth season of the critically acclaimed AMC original series. The first basic cable television series to win the Emmy Award for “Outstanding Television Series” three years in a row features lead Jon Hamm as the iconic Don Draper, who continues to experience the ups-and-downs of life in the dog-eat-dog world of business in the 1960s. The DVD set includes the season’s 13 episodes and optional commentaries and featurettes about family life and the political world of the sixties.

“NASCAR THE GAME: 2011” ACTIVISION (XBOX 360, PS3)
Fans of racing games expect Nascar The Game: 2011 to be the most innovative racing game yet, and as of today, the wait for Xbox and PS3 gamers is finally over. Fans have been anticipating a new Nascar racing game since Nascar’s contract with EA Games expired years ago, but after many delays its finally here. 43 drivers, beautiful graphics, and updated AI are just a few of the reasons fans have long awaited this game.