Campus offers plenty of spots for last-minute cram sessions

By Katlin Sweeney

Features Editor

For the next two weeks, students can use either the Gender Equity Center or Kellogg Library to focus on preparing for their upcoming finals.

While both facilities are used by students throughout the year for studying, the Gender Equity Center and Kellogg Library will be extending their welcome hours to accommodate stressed students and last-minute crammers.

For a few days during finals week, the Gender Equity Center will be open for 24 hours to all students interested in using their study room, couches, or desks while studying. The Center will also have free food, coffee and green books for anyone that needs a friendly atmosphere and an occasional pick-me-up. These extended hours, also known as Study-eat-cram-athon: Finals Extravaganza, will be from 6 a.m. on May 13 until 10 p.m. on May 15.

As many students remember, Kellogg Library also extends its hours during the weeks leading up to finals. For those interested in utilizing one of the study rooms or quiet areas, the study area on the second floor has extended its hours to 6 a.m. to midnight, Mondays through Thursdays and 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Sundays. The entire library is also open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Mondays through Thursdays and the media library on the second floor is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Mondays through Thursdays. These extended hours will be available to all students through May 17.

Regardless of where students choose to study, being prepared is one of the biggest contributors to academic success, and utilizing either the Gender Equity Center or Kellogg Library can help.