East Coast flavor: Cheese steak fans rejoice

A cheese steak sandwich
A cheese steak sandwich from The Cheesesteak Grill. Photo by Anne Hall
A cheese steak sandwich

By Anne Hall

If you’re looking for great comfort food with a Philly flare that is true to its origin, The Cheesesteak Grill is the place to be.

Even though the traditional favorite comes with three types of cheese, health problems with cheese can be easily avoided; just ask to keep it out. Everything is made fresh to order in this sports diner.   The menu includes salads, burgers, Philly cheese steaks and unique sandwiches.  Don’t forget to order a side of rings or cheesesteak fries if you have a big appetite or are looking to share.

Mark Stoner is always trying to find new specials to surprise his patrons with every week.  He loves to cook, and all the ingredients for the cheesesteaks come directly from Philadelphia.

“I try to stay within the mainframe of a traditional cheesesteak.  I create new things all the time and I have a couple of new items that will be coming out pretty soon,” Stoner said.

As Stoner was born and raised in San Diego, he has a strong dedication to the members of the community and constantly works to contribute to society in any way he can.  He regularly participates in functions to help the local military community. This November, Stoner plans to offer discounts on cheese steaks for every canned good donated at his location for the holiday season. Furthermore, every customer who donates a toy for Toys for Tots will be offered a great deal that you won’t want to pass up.

You can find coupons for this location on the official web site at www.thecheesesteakgrill.com or participate in the loyalty program.  The Cheesesteak Grill is located on 1771 Oceanside Boulevard in Oceanside and is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sundays.