Restaurant Review: Mi Guadalajara

Restaurant Review: Mi Guadalajara

By Elizabeth Cruz

If you are looking for a place to do brunch Sunday mornings, then Mi Guadalajara restaurant in Escondido is definitely a spot worth checking out.

On Escondido’s Main Street, Mi Guadalajara’s unique and castle-like appearance is hard to miss. Walking inside, the main dining room has cultural Aztec murals that instantly enhance your experience, and taking your eyes off the décor, you’ll see a lady making fresh tortillas by hand.

For the best deal, I recommend the Sunday Brunch three level buffet which runs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and costs a reasonable $17.99. If you are over 21, bottomless mimosas come included in the brunch which is an all too welcome touch considering how expensive drinks can get.

The first level consists of a salad bar where you can choose from different fruits, salads and ceviches accompanied with traditional Mexican favorites like seafood soup and pozole (a mouthwatering traditional Mexican stew typically prepared with pork or chicken). Here you can also choose from an array of traditional favorites like beans, rice, enchiladas, potato with chorizo, chiles rellenos, meats in different salsas and so much more.

If you got a sweet craving, the second level contains traditional Mexican desserts like flan, tres leches cake, apple filled churros and bunuelos, which are deep-fried pieces of dough dipped in brown sugar syrup, cinnamon, guava and topped with powdered sugar.

On the third level are the omelet station and, my personal favorite, the taco station. Here there is a lady making melt-in-your-mouth corn tortillas. Neatly placed next to her is an assortment of meats and salsas to make tacos.

You will leave here more than satisfied and I can guarantee it will not be a one-time experience! So head on over this weekend to Mi Guadalajara, 525 W 2nd Ave. Escondido, CA 92592,(760) 746-4371miguadalajararestaurant.com