Extended Edition: Going online is waste of time

online forums

By Chelsey Schweitzer 

CSUSM students use their  computers to work on assignments in the little down time that they have between classes but the campus wifi is too spotty to be effective.

If you were to look around the campus, odds are that there would be a majority of students working on their laptops.This is made difficult by the fact that the school wifi only works perfectly in a few locations. Most of the time, students sit in front of their computers for long periods of time waiting for a web page to pull up. This wastes the little time they have to spare and by the time they pull up the page they need, it’s time to head to class.

In addition to the impact it has on the downtime of students, the poor wifi connection makes it more difficult for students in the classroom to access the materials they need. If a student needs access to a webpage for the in-class assignments for the day, it takes most of the class for the webpage to load and makes it harder for that student to complete assignments.

This poor wifi also makes it difficult for students to complete homework assignments. If a student’s only time to complete homework assignments is between classes on campus, they have to navigate through the difficult wifi in order to access what they need to get done.

The wifi at the school should be improved in order to fit the needs of the students. College students rely heavily on their computers and good wifi connections. While there are computers in the library that work much better than the wifi at the school, there just aren’t enough computers available to meet the needs of all of the students on the campus. Students often don’t have the extra time required to wait for a computer to open up in the library and if their class isn’t located nearby, they have to take additional time to get there. The students rely heavily  on the school wifi to allow them to access what they need in the short period of time they have.

The wifi that the school currently offers does not fit the needs of the students and makes it difficult for them to get their assignments done. It is important that steps are taken to improve the quality of the campus wifi in order to provide students with the opportunity to be successful in college.