DVD and CD Dropping

Frozen

Frozen’s tale warms hearts

By Caitlyn Thibodeau

Disney’s Frozen has been one of this year’s top blockbusters, grossing over $864 million. After the release being pushed back, it is finally hitting stores on March 18. RottenTomatoes.com gives it 4.5 out of 5 stars. Critics called it a “winter wonder of a family film” with princesses that “we can definitely warm up to.” After seeing this movie myself, I would definitely say it’s a must see. It transforms the stereotypes associated with fairy tales by featuring strong female leads and a meaningful story of two sisters finding out who they are as individuals as well as a family.

FTP_Supermodel_Cover

Foster the people returns with new album

By Faith Orcino

A&E Editor

The 2009 indie pop group Foster the People dropped their second album, Supermodel, on March 18. Earlier this year, they released the single “Coming of Age” and it was a teaser to what fans will hear and see on this new album.  Its music video includes a special time-lapse of the cover art as a large mural in Los Angeles, designed by Young & Sick who Foster the People collaborated before for the cover of “Torches.” The band planned tour dates through both the spring and summer seasons, including performing two days at this year’s Coachella music festival and overseas in Europe. Visit http://www.fosterthepeople.com/ to find more on the band and their upcoming performances.