GRADUATING GREEK: Expressing love for AOII

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 8.38.56 PM

By Carolyn Blizard

Contributor

Although I have only been a part of Alpha Omicron Pi for three semesters, my sorority has given me many memories that I know I will never forget.

AOΠ has permanently become part of my heart and soul. As cheesy as it sounds, I don’t think I would have conquered senioritis and the constant stress of upcoming graduation without my sorority sisters.

AOΠ has not only given me many opportunities to grow as a woman, but also it has given me lifelong friendships that will continue to help me grow and succeed in life. Because of AOΠ I know I’ll always have a strong support system through the good and the bad no matter how long it’s been since I’ve spoken to my sisters. It’s true when they say you find your best friends through your sorority.

One of my favorite memories was probably the moment when I finally found out that Marley Small was my “big sis.” She successfully made me cry on the day of reveal because she knew she had tricked me into thinking someone else had taken her place. She was my first choice since day one and I’m so lucky to not only call this girl my sister, but also my best friend. I don’t know where I would be without my big and I’m so excited we get to graduate together and I get to start this crazy journey called life with my big by my side.

To all of my sisters, AOΠ and Panhellenic alike, my words of advice are don’t take your sisters for granted – do things together, help each other, talk on a regular basis, don’t stay mad at each other, love each other. My heart breaks leaving my sisters behind and the goodbyes will be the worst, but how lucky I am to have known so many people who are so hard to say goodbye to.