POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

POSITIONS+AVAILABLE%21+

The Cougar Chronicle is looking for students to fill these currently vacant positions. No journalism experience is necessary. We are willing to hire multiple individuals for the Editorial Assistant, Chief Videographer, and Sales Representative positions.

Please contact Editor-in-Chief, Katlin Sweeney, at [email protected] or [email protected] for more information and to schedule an interview.

EDITORIAL ASSISTANT – (SOME POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED. WE ARE CURRENTLY IN NEED OF THE REMAINING ASSISTANTS: Assistant to the Features Editor, Assistant to the Opinion Editor, Distribution Assistant, Copy Assistant, & Web Assistant. See our Contact Us page for more offers.) We are looking for an individual that adapts well to new situations. They should be good with writing emails, unafraid to speak to new people, and willing to complete miscellaneous tasks for the Editor-in-Chief. Preferably, the individual has completed GEW 101, LTWR 115, or demonstrates excellent English writing and grammar skills. It is impressive if they have basic photography and/or videography skills, but they are not required. The number one factor that will be considered for applicants is their willingness to grow and work with others. Student will receive internship credit for working on the staff, have access to an office and desktop computer for work. Position is for either one or two semesters.

PHOTO EDITOR – FILLED! Individual must have experience with Photoshop, photography, and/or graphic design. The position is preferable for, but not limited to, VPA students that are looking for something to add to their resume. The student will be in charge of creating some, and deciding which, photographs are utilized in the newspaper, as well as our website, Facebook, Instagram, and various promotional materials. Student will receive internship credit for working on the staff, have access to an office and desktop computer for work. Position is for either one or two semesters.

VIDEO EDITOR – Student must have a passion for creating short videos to promote the newspaper to incoming writers and various campus entities. The individual will create videos that include interviews with people interviewed in the paper, spotlights on the newspaper staff, and recruitment for new members. They should have a basic knowledge of how to use camera equipment, upload videos to YouTube, and be proficient at making footage eye-catching. Student will receive internship credit for working on the staff, have access to an office and desktop computer for work. Position is for either one or two semesters.

SALES REPRESENTATIVE – This position is encouraged for business students looking to apply the tools they have learned in the classroom. The individual must have good email, phone, and networking skills. It is preferable if they have a basic level knowledge of Google Drive and work well in a team setting. The individual will report to the Advertising Manager and be given assignments to sell advertising to finance the publication of The Cougar Chronicle. They will gain experience in sales while earning a commission. Student can receive internship credit for working on the staff, will have access to an office and desktop computer for work. Position is for either one or two semesters.

Katie_Thank_You_Ad_from_Cougar_Chronicle copy

View Comments (1)

• H

HannahWebsterJul 17, 2014 at 5:52 am

Hello CougChron Staff! May I suggest that you post on Internmatch.com for Sales Rep. positions? 🙂

Reply