Campus Break Time: 5 ways to spend your extra free-time on campus

017 edit 2

By: Noelle Friedberg

Opinion Editor

Everybody dreads that day of the week when they have a four hour gap in between their classes. You can choose to leave campus when you have a break in between classes, or you can save some gas and hang around.

If you decide to stay on campus and wait it out on your break, here are some things you can do to fill the time:

1. Watch a movie in the library. Some students may not know this, but you can actually check out movies from the Kellogg Library at the media library on the first floor. They have a wide variety of new and old movies, as well as private study rooms with TVs, DVDs and VHS players for movie-watching. Or you can watch a DVD on one of the many computers in the first-floor computer lab. If you have Netflix, think about watching it on your laptop, or on one of the computers in the library during your break.
  2. Grab lunch with a friend. This one may take some planning ahead. If you’re stuck on campus with nothing to do, text a friend or plan to have lunch together. There are some yummy food options on campus in the new USU building. Or you can pack yourselves a lunch and enjoy a nice picnic on a grassy spot somewhere on campus.
  3. Take a nap. Everybody knows the couches in the reading room on the top floor of the library are the perfect place for a nap, and if you don’t, you’re missing out. Or you can find a nice shady spot under one of the trees somewhere on campus. You can even take a nap in your car. Naps are the perfect way to recharge in between classes.
  4. Do homework. While this isn’t the most exciting option, it is a productive way to spend your break. Long breaks are an excellent time to catch up on homework or to get ahead on your studying.

Get caffeine! Feeling sleepy? Go caffeinate at one of the three coffee places on campus. Looking for a new drink? Head over to the campus coffee cart in the founders plaza. They have one of the sweetest chai tea lattes around.