DROPPING THIS WEEK 11/23

MILA PANTOVICH

PRIDE STAFF WRITER

“I’m Still Here” (NR)

In Casey Affleck’s directorial debut comes a questionably strange documentary about Oscar-nominated actor Joaquin Phoenix. The film tracks Phoenix in 2008 when he announced his retirement from acting to pursue a career in hip-hop, rapping under the name JP. Portrayed as an odd combination of absurd comedy and a distressing victim, you may not be able to trust the film’s supposed reliability, but you will certainly be fascinated by the strange ride that Affleck and Phoenix take you on.

“Eat Pray Love” (PG-13)

Based on the memoir of the same name by Elizabeth Gilbert, “Eat Pray Love” tells the story of Gilbert’s physical and spiritual journey of self-discovery. Reeling from a difficult divorce, Gilbert (played by Julia Roberts) is lost in a life that she didn’t plan on. Her travels around the world take her to the nourishment of Italy’s food, prayer in India, and love in Bali. The film costars Billy Crudup, James Franco, and Javier Bardem.

“The Tudors: The Complete Series” (NR)

Having ended early this year, the four seasons of Showtime’s “The Tudors” has finally been compiled in one massive box set. Starring Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, “The Tudors” tells the story of King Henry VIII as he orchestrates marriages, lovers, political acts, and the dismantling of the Roman Catholic Church. With renowned acting, writing, costume and set designs, “The Tudors” lends English history a thriving pulse. With 15 discs, the many special features include deleted scenes, bloopers, and multiple interesting histories of the Tudor legacy.