ASI Election winners

By Sydney Schabacker

Senior Staff Writer

After long campaigns and a week of voting, the ASI Election results were released on Friday, March 27. The winners for ASI positions are as follows:

Tiffany Boyd – ASI President

Boyd will be the official spokesperson and liaison between the ASI and the University campus community and administration.

Bianca Garcia –  Executive Vice President

In this position, Garcia will serve as Chief Financial Officer for ASI, and will assume the duties and responsibilities of the ASI president in her absence.

Jamaela Johnson – Vice President of Student and University Affairs  

Johnson will update and inform the ASI Student Advocacy Committee of relevant issues, policies and legislation in the CSU system, and serve as the official delegate and voting representative of the California State Student Association.

College Representatives speak for the views, issues and concerns of their constituency.  They commit to creating an inclusive environment within their college, and they represent their college constituents in discussions and decisions before the ASI Board of Directors.  The representatives are as follows:

Carlos Morales – College of Business Administration Representative

James Farrales – College of Education, Health, and Human Services Representative

Mads Elton Nilsen, Kalia Aragon, Miranda Padron and Yazmin Doroteo – College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences Representatives

Daniel Geiszler- College of Science and Mathematics Representative

The Student Representative at Large for Sustainability – Alex Caratti

A new position for ASI, Caratti said that his goals include “bringing sustainability to the forefront of Cougars’ lives, hosting a Sustainable Speaker Series next semester that will illustrate the connection between sustainability and the different colleges across campus and showcasing to other schools and the nation the great things CSUSM has already done.”

With these student leaders at the forefront of our campus affairs, CSUSM will be in great hands.