Student Spotlight: Leann Leite embraces work at the Pride Center

Leann Leite is a staff educator at the Pride Center located in the USU.

Leite had always been interested in the Pride Center but says that it wasn’t until after the opening of the USU that she felt a “true feeling for what it stood for.”

“Everyone was so friendly, welcoming and everyone had something challenging to talk about,” said Leite.

She says that after “bugging the staff to see if they needed help in events or behind the desk,” she was given a job interview. “I hope to continue creating the safe-zone that the Center is and hopefully leave my mark here on campus,” said Leite.

As a staff educator, Leite greets new and old Center members, provides services, works with other staff members to plan and host events.

When asked what her favorite thing about CSUSM is, Leann Leite replied, “I love the 40 student classes. It gives you the chance to build friendships and get to know your teachers. You do not really get that option usually on college campuses.”

Leann Leite manages to maintain a balance of work on relaxation despite taking a 13 units and working at the Pride Center. Leite has a love for art and enjoys painting and drawing in her free time. She says that it helps her “to be calm after a long busy week.”

Lean Leite aspires to become a “therapist or criminal justice analyst for the government” and is working towards a major in psychology and a minor in criminal justice to give herself the best chances of reaching her dreams.

The CSUSM student’s biggest role models are her friends. She says that “Whether it be the ‘A’ student or gaming master, they have something magnificent about them that I wish I could be.”