DROPPING THIS WEEK: 12/7

BY MILA PANTOVICH

PRIDE STAFF WRITER

photos courtesy of amazon.com

“Inception” (PG13)

Christopher Nolan’s borderline genius film that delves into the way a human mind functions while deep in sleep is finally released on DVD and Blu-ray today. The film follows a group of dream extractors, led by Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio), as they take on a life-altering heist that involves planting an idea in someone’s mind. Offered his only chance of redemption, Cobb risks his own sanity and grasp on reality to succeed in pulling off the perfect inception. Nolan artfully skews reality with the unconscious landscape, causing you to question everything that you think you know. The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Cillian Murphy, Ken Watanabe, Tom Hardy, and Michael Cain.

“Shrek Forever After” (PG)

Shrek is back in the fourth, and final, film of the Shrek franchise. Bored with domestic life, Shrek (Mike Myers) longs for the days when he was a feared ogre. After he is coerced into signing a deal with Rumpelstiltskin, Shrek is thrown into an alternate reality where Rumpelstiltskin is King, ogres are hunted, Far Far Away is a shell of what it once was, and where he had never met Fiona (Cameron Diaz), Donkey (Eddie Murphy), or Puss in Boots (Antonio Banderas). “Shrek Forever After” fails to match the comedic gold of the first two Shrek films but it succeeds in surpassing the third, continuing to show an evolution in Shrek’s character. While funny, “Shrek Forever After” relies a little too heavily on pop culture references and songs for all of the comedic relief. New to the franchise are actors such as John Hamm and Jane Lynch.

“Boy Meets World: The Complete Fourth Season” (NR)

Want to relive your childhood? The fourth season of “Boy Meets World” is the perfect answer to the nostalgia you may be feeling now that finals creeping closer. The show follows Cory Matthews (Ben Savage) and the life lessons he learns while growing from a young boy to a grown adult, orchestrating college life and marriage. With his best friend, Shawn (Rider Strong), his older brother Eric (Will Friedle), his childhood sweetheart and future wife, Topanga (Danielle Fishel), and his mentor, Mr. Feeney (William Daniels), Cory slowly learns how to be an adult without losing the playful innocence of childhood.