Get on board with campus activities

Briana Osuna, Staff Writer

Throughout October, the Campus Activities Board (CAB) will be hosting several events that you will not want to miss.

Free Movie Night will take place on Oct. 6 at Edwards Cinema on San Marcos Blvd.

Programming Specialist, Alex Sanders said, “I do not have an official start time for the movies yet, but we generally pick movies that are close to 7 p.m. We can’t chose what movies we will be watching until one week before, but they will most likely be “The Martian” and “The Maze Runner.”

In order to attend, students simply need to present their student I.D card when they arrive at the theater.

On the flip side, if you’re looking for a way to help out in your community, but don’t know where to start, look no further. CAB will be hosting Swag Swap Day at the ASI Table in Kellogg Plaza on Oct. 8 at 11:30 a.m

“The event is meant to increase campus pride,” said Sanders.

All you need to do is bring in your old high school clothes or any clothing from other colleges and you will receive new CSUSM gear in return. Every piece of clothing you swap will be donated to charities. So while you’re out rocking your new gear, you’ll also be providing others with clothes in the process!

These events are a great way to get involved and show your cougar pride. Mark your calendars now. You don’t want to miss out on these wonderful opportunities.