La Raza del Folklor commemorates Latin@ heritage

Performances to celebrate Latin@ culture

Nicole Holman, Community News Editor

‘La Raza del Folklor’ is a celebratory event that consists of a series of activities including performances of traditional Mexican dances and other Latin heritage activities.

La Raza del Folkor is hosted each year by Danza Folklorica Tukwut., It is an event all CSUSM students are welcome to enjoy. This year it will take place from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 15 in University Plaza.

In addition to performers, there will also be speakers in attendance. These speakers will provide guests insight into various Latin American countries. La Raza del Folklor serves to commemorate Latin@ Heritage Month as well as celebrate cultural heritage, and will be an excellent opportunity for students to celebrate and learn about Latin@ culture.

La Raza Legacy Month and Latin@ Heritage Month are both presented through collaboration with M. E. Ch. A., STAND, Danza Folklorica Tukwut, Cross Cultural Center and the Latin@ Center. All of these organizations have come together to provide a variety of interactive and educational events in order to provide CSUSM students with more information on Latin@ culture throughout heritage month.

For more information about La Raza del Folklor or any other events that will be provided throughout La Raza Heritage Month, please contact the Latin@ Center located in USU 3300 in person or by phone at (760) 750-3670.