Intervarsity shares love across their multiethnic student groups throughout North County.

Organization Spotlight

Lex Garcia, Student Life Reporter

Many students on campus find that religious groups are a necessity in order to find others that share their same values and beliefs.

Intervarsity Christian Fellowship’s ministry overview says that it ministers “to students and faculty through small group Bible studies, large group gatherings on campus, leadership training, thoughtful discipleship and life-changing conferences and events.”

“This is our first year back on campus. The organization is all student [run] through campus,” said President Jenna Medina. “Intervarsity is nationwide. It has been around since the 1940s, but here on campus we have been here since the early 2000s.”

Intervarsity has small group meetings throughout the week, which consist of Bible studies, where people have the opportunity to meet others and build relationships. Once a month they hold a large event where they have a speaker, food and music.

As for Intervarsity’s vision for their fellowship is to be inclusive to students from diverse backgrounds.

Their website states, “Our vision is to see wholesome faith communities planted in every campus culture, with the hope that students pursue the fullness of who God has made them to be. Ultimately, we deeply desire that every group of people on every college campus be transformed by the unconditional love of Jesus.”

Intervarsity has 33 small groups between CSUSM, Palomar and Mira Costa. There are over 20 small groups within Intervarsity and approximately 50 to 75 dedicated members at CSUSM alone.

“It has definitely grown since I have started. Since I was a freshman, there [were] only 7 small groups and now there [are] 33… we are trying to get to 60 small groups,” said Medina.

Having groups like this on campus can be beneficial for students in so many ways. President Medina said, “I think that it is important to find that community. We want to find people who are struggling with finding out who they are or what they believe and we are just really [want] to reach out to them and help them.”

CSUSM Intervarsity Christian Fellowship is open hearted and is here to help you find your way and find the love for God.