APP OF THE WEEK: ACE FLASHCARDS

BY HALEY DUVEL

photo courtesy of apple.com

Cramming late into the night, drinking gallons of coffee to stay up, trying to review those last few chapters – sound familiar? These days are soon upon us with finals week right around the corner. With tons of studying to come, we will all be looking for ways to make it easier and more efficient.

This semester, don’t bother with making or carrying around tons of paper flashcards in a thick stack. ACE Flashcards from Apple is here to help. Made by Agile Partners, the application can easily be found on their website, agilepartners.com/apps/aceflashcards/ or in the iTunes store for 99 cents.

There are quite a few flashcard applications out there but none that have as many helpful features as ACE. With a built in English dictionary you don’t have to look far for the definition of any word. You just type in the vocabulary word you want and ACE will automatically put the definition on the back. It will save you the time and hassle of having to write out every definition. You can even email flashcard decks to friends.

ACE Flashcards are a great studying tool for a wide range of subjects. They are not only easy to use but also extremely efficient. The application comes preloaded with Spanish animals, U.S. capitals, and sample vocabulary flashcards. It might be kind of corny, but the best part is the “shake-to-shuffle” feature. By shaking your iPhone the deck shuffles itself.

Save yourself the precious time this semester and dump the old ways of cramming. ACE Flashcards will be amaze you with all the cool features it has to offer and by how fast your studying will get accomplished.