ASI announces the 2016-2017 candidates

Andrea Martinez, Copy Editor

Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) announced the candidates for the 2016-2017 Board of Directors on Monday, March 7.

Executive officer positions

President: Collin Bogie, Sean Heller and Joana Rodriguez

Executive Vice President: Yazmin Doroteo, Aaron Herrscher and Dawn Meyers

Chair and Chief of Staff: Rhiannon Ripley

Vice President of Student and University Affairs: Christopher Morales

College representatives positions

College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences: Nicolas Pollino

College of Business Administration: Idayat Bola-akindele, Chris Lee and Carlos Morales

College of Education, Health and Human Services: Deyanira Hernandez and John Mejia

Students can meet the candidates at Get Candid with the Candidates, an event held by ASI, at U-Hour on March 10 at the USU Rooftop.

In addition to the meet and greet, students can learn more about the candidates by visiting www.csusm.edu/vote, where videos are posted featuring candidates speaking about their goals for their perspective roles.

“Each candidate was asked the same questions and it was mandatory for each to record a video. The candidate meet and greet is not mandatory,” said Government Affairs Coordinator Ashley Fennell.

Students can also learn about the candidates through their campaigns both on campus and online.

“Online resources will include the videos, social media and digital signage,” Fennell said. “The online resources are also dependent on the candidate’s own campaign materials and marketing efforts.”

All registered CSUSM students may vote online from 7 a.m. on Monday, March 14 through 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 16. Voting can also be done from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on March 15 at the USU Arcade, where the elections committee will be holding a polling place.

Learn more about the candidates here.