Grad Spotlight: Tiffany Trent

Lexy Perez

Tiffany Trent (left) and Lexy Perez (right) all smiles.

Lexy Perez, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Sometimes it can be hard to have a kind heart in a cruel world, but for graduating senior Tiffany Trent, following her heart is the only way she knows how to live her life.

For as long as she could remember, she has aspired to help those in need as a career, not for the sake of earning a large paycheck, but for the satisfaction of knowing she would play a part in transforming someone’s life for the better.

Studying psychology for four years, Trent has acquired a great fascination for learning about people and what can be done to help those that feel they are a lost cause.

“I have always had the desire to help people since I was 12 years old. I just didn’t know how I wanted to help them,” said Trent, “I am a firm believer that everyone needs help to a certain extent, myself included, so to be able to genuinely help people by teaching them and bringing them healing and restoration is my ultimate dream.”

Her genuine, kind and loving demeanor is something that is not only admirable, but is a quality that any person would hope to aspire to have. Her infectious laugh is something that can make anyone smile and she’s the type of person that can be the light in anyone’s dark day.

I first met Trent after joining the school newspaper. We both were psychology majors surrounded by literature and writing students already established in the paper. Feeling as if we were the newbies in an already united group, we formed a bond that has only grown stronger over our time spent at CSUSM. Being in college can be stressful for any student, but having a friend like Trent who offers nothing but love and support is enough to make any bad day not seem so bad.

What I respect most about Tiffany is her tenacity to always see the good in life and remain devoted to the one thing that is the most importance to her: her faith.

With a great love for God, she strongly believes she is meant to follow the path she is given, without doubting that everything will work out the way it is supposed to be.

“My personal relationship with God is the most important aspect of my life. Staying devoted takes work, but it is so worth it to me. There is no way I could handle the hurdles of life without God leading me and guiding me. I owe all I have and all my accomplishments to God’s grace and love,” said Trent.

With her strong devotion to God and helping others, Trent has worked hard during her college career to make her ultimate dream come true: to be a marriage and family therapist and a psychology professor at a community college.

Starting in fall 2016, she will begin a new chapter in her life as she starts her career as a graduate student at Vanguard University, studying to earn a master’s degree in clinical psychology.

“I want to bring people closer to God and provide healing to the broken and love and compassion to everyone. I have been the one who has received help and healing and without it, I wouldn’t be the person I am today,” said Trent, “I want to give back and help others as I was helped.”