CSUSM alumni find jobs in marketing agency

Antonio Pequeño IV, A&E Editor

CSUSM alumni Ria Arago and Toni Gomez are Communication majors who joined with Hadley Media, an experiential marketing agency based in San Marcos. Like many college graduates, the job search of the two alumni had its difficulties before they found themselves interning and eventually obtaining positions at Hadley Media.

According to Hadley’s website, the agency provides several services such as “large scale events and activations, convention booth design/build, social and digital activations, promotional stunts, hospitality parties, newfronts, upfronts, tours and more.” Activations are  products that are tested by users/consumers for the use of feedback.

Hadley also specializes in social media, has multiple clients including Fox, FX, Syfy and Adult Swim, and also takes part in popular conventions like South by Southwest (SXSW), Coachella, Comic-Con and many more.

According to Arago and Gomez, working at Hadley isn’t a static job, as things tend to switch up on a day-to-day basis depending on the needs of their clients. What the alumni particularly enjoy about Hadley is when Comic-con arrives in San Diego, giving them the opportunity to travel.

On the topic of incoming college grads finding work, Arago and Gomez stressed the importance of being prepared.

“Be ready to work and put yourself out there,” said Arago. They emphasized that interning at many places as possible is much more viable than quitting multiple jobs that one isn’t invested in.

In a statement of reassurance to many incoming grads, Gomez said, “It’s not that uncommon to not know exactly what you want.”

Hadley Media currently has four interns from CSUSM and according to their website, are looking for “all-star students who are ready to extend their learning into the ‘real world’.”