How to get it together by summer

Taylor Mason, Staff Writer

Who’s ready for Summer 2017? Summer is right around the corner and you know what that means… Warm weather and a desperate need of a quick for a fit summer body! Time to get motivated, stay consistent and crush goals! Here are a few tips to help you succeed in getting ‘bathing suit ready’:

1) HYDRATE! Drinking water is  important for staying fit and healthy. Water can help as an

appetite suppressant, flush out waste and bacteria from our digestive system, prevent headaches,

increase athletic performance, feed your body, and make your skin glow!

2) STAY ACTIVE! Incorporate as much physical activity as you can into your daily schedule. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park far away and walk more, take a stroll on your lunch break, or take advantage of that Zumba class at CSUSM hosted by Campus Recreation. All these are small ways to add exercise into your daily routine.

3) CALORIE COUNTING APPS! MyFitnessPal is one of the most popular exercise and nutrient

trackers available for free download. Having an app that allows you to track exactly how many

calories you’re consuming and gives you calorie intake suggestions can help to work off those

few extra pounds before summer!

4) SLEEP! Sleep plays an important role in our physical health. As college students, most of us

probably don’t get as much as we need, but you should make sure to prioritize sleep at the top of

your to-do list. Getting those extra ZZZ’s can help recharge your immune system, increase

memory, boost stamina and sharpen attention!

5) HEALTHY SNACKS! Living a busy, fast paced, college student lifestyle it’s easy to get

wrapped up into living on fast and unhealthy foods. Carrying healthy snacks will allow you to fuel up in-between meals and assure your metabolism is constantly burning.

Healthy snacking is your answer for curbing cravings, boosting brain power, regulating mood

and can keep you going all day.

Cheers to sunshine, tan skin, flip flops and sandy toes!