Ask Dr. G

Anonymous

Welcome to another fabulous edition of the Opinion portion of the Chronicle! In this edition, we’re doing things differently and holding a new segment entitled, “Ask Dr. G,” where she will address various questions the students of CSUSM may bring forth to her!

Student A: Dear Dr. G, why does parking suck at Cal State? I literally live five minutes away, and it’s still a problem.

I’m sorry to hear about your parking conundrum. If it makes you feel better, I know people who commute almost two hours to get to school. You can at least be thankful you live pretty darn close! The Markstein lot has been great though so check that out!

Student B: Dear Dr. G, my significant other has recently taken up the habit of smoking. We have been together for several months, so I don’t really know how to approach it without hurting their feelings. How do I determine if this is a deal breaker or not?

Well, if there is something you don’t particularly fancy about someone and you feel it might be a problem that won’t get resolved, maybe this is a deal breaker for you. Do yourself a favor and break it off now. No one wants another one of those stories to happen.

Student C: Yo Doc, what’s happening? Does the size of your back seat and trunk matter? I’m going to be honest with you, I don’t know if this is supposed to have a double meaning, but I’m going to say no because you are a beautiful car regardless of your trunk or back seat. You vroom your engine baby!

There you have it folks! Watch out Dr. G may strike again!

Students can participate by sending questions to Dr. G at [email protected]. The Cougar Chronicle will publish at least three school questions and two personal questions depending on space limit. Questions must be school appropriate and name can be an anonymous option.