Study abroad offers new perspective of world

Students of CSUSM gather to obtain information about study abroad opportunities.

Meghan Taylor

Meghan Taylor

Pamela Gomez

The CSUSM Study Abroad fair gave students an insight on multiple study abroad programs and internships.

The fair was held at the USU arcade on Thursday Sept. 14 and gave information on how to be involved on campus.

The event was organized and presented in different kinds of booths with informational flyers and brochures that helped students understand and become familiar with how these programs worked and when is better to be part of them.

Darin Smith-Gaddis, (institutional relations) at CAPA, the Global Education Network informed that students with the interest in joining the Study Abroad programs will need to have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA and be in good standing with the university. Through this program there are opportunities not only in a classroom field but also internships to help a student grow and develop in their major.

Smith-Gaddis explained different outcomes students gained from a study abroad program which include high impact practice skills, growth and personal development. Smith-Gaddis himself has participated in different experiences in which he got to understand a grow. He visited cities such as Brazil, Czech Republic and Croatia. He said, “[it] changed my life.”

He explained how as a student not only the opportunities are in a classroom but also to “[learn] different perspectives.” Some of the places offered through this program are London, Buenos Aires and Sydney. These are offered during spring, summer, fall or through global internships.

For more information about studying abroad visit www.iie.com or www.nafsa.org. To contact Darin Smith-Gaddis email [email protected]