The independent student news site of California

Breaking news: Body found in parking structure

Karen Ambrocio, Managing Editor

On early Monday Nov. 13, a male’s body was found near the CSUSM parking structure.

The Office of Communications confirm that it was an apparent suicide.

A 911 call was made to the authorities by students who were driving out of the structure at around 3:16 a.m. No information is available about the students who discovered the victim.

The University Police Department and the San Diego Sheriff’s Department investigated afterwards closing the Parking Structure 1 and Lot N.

The victim had no affiliation with the campus. How long the victim’s body was in the parking structure is unknown.

The victim’s information will not be disclosed due to the victim’s privacy, according to Associate Vice President for Communications Margaret Chantung.

The parking structure opened around 9 a.m.

At 5:04 a.m. The Office of Communications sent an email informing students that the Parking Structure 1 and Lot N are temporarily closed due to an investigation.

Anyone affected by this event can call the Student Health and Counseling Services at 760-750-4915.

1 Comment

One Response to “Breaking news: Body found in parking structure”

1. mahana muhammad on November 13th, 2017 11:08 am

My daughter is a freshman there and lives ACROSS the STREET from that structure, I require MORE information about this person, and circumstances surrounding this death. How old was the person, have they ever been a student. How do they KNOW FOR A FACT that this was a suicide, and why is there printing around the school that says “I will be back for you Soon” As a parent of a student, I need all the vital information. And what is the address to send a FOIA should I need to.

Thank you,

Mahana Muhammad

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.