ASI hosts The Ball: An Old Hollywood Dance

Dylan McCall, Staff Writer

Fellow Cougars showed off their dates, glitz, and glamor all on the red carpet Dec. 1 at the Associated Students, Inc. Campus Activities Board’s (ASI CAB) annual homecoming dance – The Ball. Students, and staff were invited to wear their best cocktail party attire with the theme being ‘Old Hollywood’.

The doors to the dance opened at 8 p.m. with everyone being bombarded by the paparazzi, and crazed fans.

Before entering the ballroom, Cougars had the chance to strike a pose in the photo booth with friends, and take home a memento from the Ball.

After making the front page, you would strut your way down the red carpet which led to a lively dance room. The DJs kept the night going with their electrifying playlist and, alongside this, old Hollywood films played in the background as everyone danced – making you feel as though you’d been transported back to that time period.

The next room over had a wide variety of food ranging from churros to fruit. Those too exhausted to dance could grab a plate, and replenish that lost energy. A designated lounge room was decorated to look like a dine-in theatre with nachos, mini-hotdogs, and popcorn available.

The VIP Room had a 21+ bar that accepted credit cards, and cash. Those who could drink did so responsibly having a blast themselves.

“There is going to be a couple thousand people there and it’s going to be lit. I hope everyone has a good time because we’ve all worked so hard on this,” said ASI HYPE team ambassador Red Hart Ramos.

CSUSM Freshman Terrell Burnett, who attended the Ball, agreed saying, “The night was so fun. It was nice to meet new people and doing that backflip was a plus.”

For those who couldn’t come, there will be plenty of other future events. And hopefully you all were in the gym to cheer on your fellow cougars at the homecoming basketball game Dec. 2. For more information, check out our Sports section.