Fight sickness with natural remedies

Briana Osuna, Features Editor

Sickness is spreading like wildfire this semester. It is as if you simply cannot escape the pool of germs surrounding campus. If you’re like me you probably feel like you’ll never get better, I feel like I’ve forgotten what it feels like to be healthy. It seems like you catch one virus, trudge your way through it, feel better only to catch a new stronger virus that makes you feel ten times worse. Unfortunately with midterms, essays and professors that are on your tail about attendance you cannot afford to miss any more classes, no matter how bad your body may feel. Thankfully there are several natural remedies out there that may help ease your symptoms and get you through the day!

Pic 1:  Ginger lemon tea and honey

Drinking a cup of ginger lemon tea is a great way to ease throat pain. Ginger naturally acts an anti-inflammatory and lemon is packed with vitamin c. This tea helps reduce inflammation and irritation in the throat and also helps with nausea.

Brew 2 tea bags of ginger lemon tea to 10 ounces of water  and add desired amount of honey for sweetness.

Pic 2: Apple cider vinegar and honey

Fight cold symptoms by drinking apple cider vinegar and honey. Apple cider vinegar helps with colds because it helps fight and kill bacteria.

Mix 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of water and add honey for desired sweetness.

Pic 3: Cayenne pepper

Cayenne pepper acts as a natural decongestant due to its spicy flavoring. When combined with hot water, lemon and honey it helps ease symptoms of colds.

Mix ½ tsp. of cayenne pepper, 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 tsp honey to 8 ounces of hot water.

Pic 4: Salt water

Gargling with warm salt water helps loosen mucus, which removes bacteria and helps to ease throat pain.

Mix ½ tsp of salt to 8 ounces of warm water and gargle