Grammys 2024 Predictions

The 66th annual Grammy Awards will be taking place on February 4 and can be watched live on CBS. This year the nominations in many of the major categories are dominated by female artists and the level of competition is at an all-time high. Taylor Swift? Olivia Rodrigo? SZA? Billie Eilish? Here are my predictions for the 2024 Grammy Awards. 

Album of the Year/Record of the Year: 

I suspect that Taylor Swift will win the majority of her nominations since her music took over in 2023 and the Eras Tour was a huge success. Her song “Anti-Hero” has a high chance of winning Record of the Year and her album “Midnights” will most likely take home the Grammy for Best Album of the Year. In past years, Swift typically won these categories so I don’t predict that changing anytime soon. Olivia Rodrigo is another artist taking the world by storm so I would love to see her win a Grammy. Her sophomore album “GUTS” is such an original album since she used a more grungier sounds instead of the pop vibe of her debut album “Sour.” Rodrigo is up against household names but she has a great chance at winning some of her nominations.  

Song of the Year: 

“A&W” by Lana Del Rey would be a great choice for the Song of the Year category but it will most likely not win. Although the song is notable, it doesn’t have the same level of fame as the other songs in this category. Popularity is one of the biggest influences when it comes to selecting the Grammy winners so it would come as a surprise if “A&W” was chosen over songs that are by far more popular. 

Best New Artist: 

The Best New Artist category features Gracie Abrams, Fred again.., Ice Spice, Jelly Roll, Coco Jones, Noah Kahan, Victoria Monét, and The War and the Treaty. I can see Noah Kahan taking home a Grammy because he is an incredible artist with some of the best lyrical and moving music. His songs have gone viral on TikTok which has allowed him to collaborate with well-known artists, such as Hozier, which makes him a great contender for this category.  

Best Rock Song: 

When the official nominations list went out, I was surprised by some of the songs included in the Best Rock Song category. Olivia Rodrigo’s “ballad of a homeschooled girl” and boygenius’ “Not Strong Enough” are both nominated in this category alongside The Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, and Queens of the Stone Age. I don’t consider “ballad of a homeschooled girl” as a rock song since it comes off as more of an indie song so despite being a great song I don’t think it will win a Grammy. On the other hand, I do think that boygenius will be taking home a Grammy since “Not Strong Enough” became a huge success, specifically on TikTok.  

Producer of the Year: 

I have a strong feeling that Jack Antonoff will win this category since he is the producer of both Taylor Swift’s and Lana Del Rey’s music. When compared to the other nominees, he is by far more successful in terms of popularity but Daniel Nigro has a great chance of winning as well. Since Nigro is the producer of both Olivia Rodrigo’s and Chappell Roan’s music.  

Make sure to tune in this Sunday to watch the Grammys since this year’s winners may come as a shock.