2024 Super Bowl LVIII Predictions

The Super Bowl LVIII will be hosted at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Sunday, February 11, 2024. With the San Francisco Forty-Niners playing against the Kansas City Chiefs in a game that could cement the Chief’s dynasty. Continue reading to see the Chronicle’s Super Bowl predictions.

With the Super Bowl right around the corner, sports sites and bookmakers are lightly favoring the SF Forty-Niners by around 1.5 to 2 points but the numbers don’t quite tell the whole story.

This is the first NFL season that I have closely followed (in a while) and if there is one thing I’ve learned it is that the regular season means little if a team can’t perform in the postseason. Although I didn’t expect the Forty-Niners and the Chiefs to be the final matchup, I do feel that the 49ers have a slight edge, but there is a part of me that feels like the Chiefs have a chance at winning the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs playoff run has been amusing to the point of humor. Week after week they have been ruled as the underdogs with various sports personalities trying to justify betting against them. Despite this, they have continually emerged victorious and reminded fans and teams of who they are and why they should be afraid.

I am hoping the Forty-Niners will win the game, but that may not be a possibility since their path to the Super Bowl has been messy to say the least. I have spent the regular season hearing that the 49ers were the most reliable team in the NFL, but questionable coaching and inconsistent play have exposed chinks in their armor. The once mighty team is lucky to find themselves playing at the Super Bowl.

One thing that is certain about the Super Bowl and the 2023/24 football season is that it will be remembered because of Taylor Swift. Her presence in the NFL has been a sore spot for some but for others, it’s a bridge to a new world. It will be interesting to see viewership numbers next week since we’ll finally get the answer as to who put who on the map.

As expected, the internet has come through with outrageous theories pertaining to Swift’s “influence” over the outcome of the game. Many have noted the significance of her lucky number thirteen and it being the 58th Super Bowl (5+8=13) or Brock Purdy’s jersey number being thirteen. I personally don’t believe these theories hold much weight, but it has been entertaining to see Swifties bring their fan theories over to the NFL.

Regardless of whether you’re watching Sunday’s game for football, the commercials, Usher, or to see Taylor, hopefully, you’re able to spend time with friends and family. Make sure to enjoy the game because chances are it will be one to remember.