CHEAP THINGS TO DO IN SAN MARCOS/SAN DIEGO COUNTY

MELISSA MARTINEZ
A&E EDITOR

We all know what it’s like to be in college with an empty wallet after paying for books that cost more than a car payment, tuition that grows every time we check our email and non-stop visits to Chipotle and Chick-fil-A. So, having fun somewhere without having to ask mom and dad for money is an offer no one can resist.

For those who rely on the Sprinter to get from point A to B, adventures in San Marcos are hardly far. For some outdoorsy adventures, taking a stroll through Jack’s Pond located at 986 La Moree Road is a great place to do homework, relax and soak in the rays. The peaceful scenery and the sounds of nature can offer a place to kick back and enjoy life or finish up lab reports and next week’s essay.

For those who are not familiar with the area, Balboa Park is perfect way to get a taste of true southern California culture. The tourist attraction offers beautiful scenery to enjoy throughout the day and it’s perfect for snapping photos for memories to frame forever. Carousels, mini railroads and museums galore are some of the attractions visitors are able to choose from. The park gives you the opportunity to have fun exploring trails without burning a hole in your wallet. Balboa is perfect destination, whether it be on a romantic night out or a day with your family. Located just 40 minutes from CSU San Marcos, Balboa Park is a great place to get away for the day and relax while experiencing the beauty that San Diego has to offer.

Photo courtesy of CSUSM.edu