THE PRIDE PLAYLIST- 9/13

MELISSA MARTINEZ
A&E EDITOR

With the start of the new semester comes new classes, intimidating professors and of course, new music. All summer, you’ve been jamming in the car to “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO and Bruno Mars’s “The Lazy Song,” adoring the music stylings of Katy Perry and Pitbull. Now you’re ready to spend your nights studying with cases of Red Bull and Five Hour Energy Drinks. It may be hard to find music that allows you to relax and for those nights, so The Pride staff have a few recommendations for you.

“Marvin’s Room” by Drake, gives the best of both worlds. You can still listen to your favorite rapper and finish that Business paper due at 7 a.m. that you’ve been putting off.

“Turning Tables” by the soulful songstress, Adele, allows you to dwell on that summer love and organize your life.

“Little Lion Man” by Mumford and Sons is a perfect song to listen to while you try to focus on not procrastinating and pretend Facebook doesn’t exist.

For those who prefer more of an upbeat tempo song to stay awake, “Kiss with a Fist” by Florence + the Machine is a catchy tune with amazing vocals that makes homework an obligation that you can look forward to.

For those that become too involved in singing their heart out to Alicia Keys’s “No One” or rapping all the lyrics to “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj, the band Explosions in the Sky might be the best thing to listen to, whether you’re running a mile or cruising down the freeway.

The song, “First Breath After Coma,” however, provides adrenaline to stay awake and study. The band’s lengthy songs usually last about ten minutes and keep you from distractions without even realizing it.

Photo courtesy of Jenna Jauregui