HALLOWEEN WEEKEND LOOKING GRIMM?- NBC HOPES TO SCARE UP AN AUDIENCE WITH PREMIERE OF NEW SHOW

FAITH ORCINO
PRIDE STAFF WRITER

Halloween weekend will premier a new show filled with suspense and horror. NBC on Friday, Oct. 28, 2011 at 9 p.m. will feature brand new series called “Grimm.”

Portland, Oregon is the home of Detective Nick Burckhardt, played by actor David Guintoli, who finds out that there is something else, other than the criminals, disturbing the peace. A dark secret within his family pulls Burckhardt into the world of the original Grimm fairytales when an elder member visits him. He is now the new criminal profiler for the mystical residents and must protect humanity from the evils within.

Some who attended San Diego International Comic-Con 2011 got a sneak peek at the pilot episode and were able to talk to a panel of those who helped create the episode. Anthony Head, famous for his role as Rupert Giles in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” acted as moderator of the panel. Executive producers and writers David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf along with actors David Guintoli, Russell Hornsby, Bitsie Tullock, Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee and Sasha Roiz were present to give attendees a taste of what is to come in the new series.

“Grimm” is a fresh new look at some of the oldest, most well-known fairytales of the world. For more information, visit http://www.nbc.com/grimm/.