DAWN BREAKS WITH FOURTH FILM INSTALLMENT OF “TWILIGHT” SAGA

MELISSA MARTINEZ
PRIDE STAFF WRITER

November marks the beginning of the end of the cultural phenomenon: “Twilight.” “Breaking Dawn Part 1” will answer the question we’ve all been dying to learn: does Edward turn Bella into a vampire?

“Twilight” has certainly made an impact on our generation, regardless of the fans’ genders, with the addictive story line of a human falling in love with a vampire. The first of the series introduced Bella, an average girl who moved to Forks, Washington to live with her father. She soon fell in love with the youngest member of the local vampire coven named Edward. This love immediately put her life in danger.

The sequel, “New Moon,” separated Bella and Edward, which put Bella into a deep depression. Upon realizing if she put her life in danger, she could feel Edward with her, she decided to be reckless. When Edward’s sister, Alice, had a vision of Bella jumping off of a cliff—apparently committing suicide—Edward decided he could no longer exist without her. It was then he decided to end his life by exposing himself as a vampire when the Volturi, the largest and most powerful coven of vampires, refused to grant his wish of being destroyed, leaving it up to Bella to prove that she was still alive.

The third in the series, titled “Eclipse,” brings Bella’s number one enemy, Victoria, back to kill her in revenge for Edward killing Victoria’s partner.

The last book in the series, “Breaking Dawn,” puts Bella in the biggest predicament of her life. After her wedding, Edward impregnates Bella. Since the child is half-human, half-vampire, the developmental process for the baby is extremely fast and if Bella continues with the pregnancy, she will die.

This November will bring answers to those who have yet to finish the saga. “Breaking Dawn Part 1” will be in theatres Nov. 18, 2011.