DROPPING THIS WEEK 1/31

CHRIS GIANCAMILLI
STAFF WRITER

In Time (DVD/Bluray)

In the future, lifespan has replaced money as currency. Everyone is given a set age of 25 years to live unless they can earn more life. Will Salas (Justin Timberlake) is a poor man living in a bad neighborhood and working in a factory. When he finds himself framed for a murder, Will is forced to outrun the law while attempting to fix the broken society he finds himself in.

Drive (DVD/Bluray)

“Drive” follows the exploits of a nameless Hollywood stunt driver and part-time getaway driver for thieves. The driver (Ryan Gosling) meets and helps a woman and her son whose father, Standard (Oscar Isaac), is recently released from prison. When the driver discovers that Standard owes money to a gangster, he agrees to help pull off a heist that would clear Standard of his debt.

Soulcalibur V (PS3, Xbox 360)

“Soulcalibur V” is set sixteen years after “Soulcalibur IV” and follows a new protagonist, Patroklos. The game will feature over 25 playable characters, some returning as veterans and others brand new to the series. Both Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game will feature the crossover character Ezio, a central character in the “Assassin’s Creed” series. New fighting mechanics include a meter that gives players the ability to unleash more powerful attacks.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3/Xbox 360)

Square-Enix continues its “Fabula Nova Crystallis” series with “Final Fantasy XIII-2.” This entry follows the events three years after “Final Fantasy XIII.” The previous protagonist, Lightning, has mysteriously gone missing. Her younger sister Serah sets off to find Lightning and stop a new time-traveling villain. “Final Fantasy XIII- 2” revamps the battle system of the previous game and gives players new dialogue options throughout the story.

Ringo 2012- Ringo Starr (CD)

Former Beatle, Ringo Starr returns to the spotlight with his 17th solo album “Ringo 2012.” The album features the single “Wings” which is a re-recorded version of the 1977 song by the same name. Other songs include a cover of Buddy Holly’s “Think It Over” and a re-recording of Ringo’s 1973 song “Step Lightly.”