NEW PIZZA RESTAURANT OPENS IN SAN MARCOS

JULIANA STUMPP
STAFF WRITER

Flippin’ Pizza opened a new location on South Twin Oaks Valley Road on Feb. 1, providing CSUSM students and staff members with a convenient location.

As I walked into Flippin’ Pizza, I was eager to taste their New York-style pizza and excited to have a pizza place across the street from campus. For students who don’t have cars, Flippin’ Pizza’s location is ideal.

The menu has a large variety of offerings at affordable prices for the typical college student on a budget. A simple cheese slice is $2.25. A pizza slice with toppings is just 50 cents more.

If you and your friends or family are especially hungry, 18-inch custom pizzas are available with a large amount of toppings, varying from cheeses to meats and vegetables. The prices for the 18-inch custom whole pizzas start at $14.50 for the “Cheese Pie” with an extra $2 for each topping. Flippin’ Pizza also offers their classic red and white pies for $19 each.

For my night out with friends, we chose the Pesto Classic White Pie and split the cost five ways. It was perfect, because we each ate two pieces for only about $4.00 per person.

While the franchise also has restaurants on the east coast, only five locations are currently open in Southern California. These locations are in Carlsbad, Encinitas, La Costa, Vista and San Marcos, with a sixth location set to open soon in San Diego.