Swirl on over to the Masquerade Ball

Sign for masquerade ball
A sign on campus for the Masquerade Ball.

Jessie Gambrell

A&E Co-Editor
Dust off your ball gowns and suits, it is time for the fourth annual Masquerade Ball!
The ball will take place 8 p.m to midnight, Friday, Oct. 26 in San Diego at the House of Blues. While tickets to the ball are no longer available, students going are not required to wear a mask. However, in the past some have brought beautiful and unique masks to suit the occasion.
According to Associate Executive Director, Sara Gallegos, there will be appetizers, but no meal and students are advised to eat ahead of time. The whole night will be full of dancing and good music by DJ Jeremy Ricci from DJ Pros.
“Only 21 + are allowed in the upstairs area where alcohol can be purchased and consumed. The [House of Blues] security is very tight so if there are any issues, they are handled immediately. A note to all students is to not drink before the dance, you will not get in the door if you appear intoxicated, “ said Gallegos.
The parking is tight downtown, but the House of Blues does offer valet parking and there is a parking lot on 5th Ave. There will be no transportation provided by ASI, but there have been student discussions about renting party buses on their own.
Students are expected to have their ticket and photo ID in hand to move the process along faster, considering attendance is expected to be 550 to 600 students.
For more information about the Masquerade Ball, you can visit http://www.csusm.edu/homecoming/students.html