Restaurant review: Lucio’s American Grill offers great food, atmosphere

By Ariel Gossett

Lucio’s American Grill in Escondido is the place to go if you’re tired of the same ‘ole thing, with a menu featuring a healthy alternative and gourmet twist to your classic “American Grill.”

Proprietor Lucio Di Pace grew up in Italy and not only created the menu, but constructed many of the decorative pieces inside the restaurant, such as the tables, racks and shelves. Di Pace has obtained a permit through a pilot program that seeks to allow cooking outdoors for restaurants, therefore a majority of the food preparation is done outside.

Here, your meal will not only be locally grown but fresh off the grill. With your choice of comfortable booths inside or the backyard feel of the patio seating outside, it’s just the kind of place to sit back and relax with friends or your significant other for a date night.

There is also live music, which typically consists of featured bands playing a mix of jazz and blues. Di Pace explained that he tries to book bands from different cities in order to introduce a different sound for those who don’t have the time to venture out.

Reasonable main dish prices range from $11 to $27. You can make it a budget friendly night by simply ordering appetizers and drinks or go all out! If you choose the latter, I suggest the authentic Italian burger with mozzarella, romaine lettuce, roma tomatoes and a slice of prosciutto to top it off.

Alongside their burgers, a plethora of grilled veggies is available in lieu of fries. If you’re 21 or older, they offer a nice selection of local handcrafted beers and wines. They are a little expensive but are great compliments to your meal. Happy hour is two dollars off the beer.

Check their calendar because dates and times vary and make sure to designate a driver! For those of you under 21, the restaurant is family friendly and does not have an age requirement. Located just 10 minutes away from CSUSM in Escondido at 239 East Valley Parkway, Lucio’s allows you to enjoy the various products North County has to offer, all under one roof!

View Comments (1)

• D

David MuirNov 12, 2012 at 6:52 am

Posted it was open on sunday and it was not! 3rd time I tried to go and either no one answered the phone or it was closed. 3 strikes your out.

Reply