Dropping: December goes to the ‘Blu’

film+still
“The Dark Knight Rises”

By Alex Franco

Sports Editor

“The Dark Knight Rises”
Dec. 4:

Batman, Christian Bale faces his toughest challenge yet in this summer blockbuster of the dramatic, thrilling finish to the Christopher Nolan “Batman” saga. “Batman” has met his match with the a new villain, “Bane” (Tom Hardy) in this superhero epic tale with the help of “Catwoman” aka “Selina” (Anne Hathaway) and a possible “Robin” (Joseph Gordon-Levitt). There will be multiple ways to own this movie; on DVD, Blu-ray, or even a Blu-ray set that has all three of Nolan’s “Batman” films.

“Finding Nemo”
Dec. 4:

One of the most successful Pixar animation films has finally made its way to Blu-ray, with its re-release of this heartwarming story of clownfish father, Marlin on a mission to find his lost son, Nemo, by whatever means possible. He has the help of his newfound friend Dory, brilliantly voiced by Ellen DeGeneres. It is loaded with bonus features, (as Disney and Pixar are known for adding); this Blu-ray looks to make a splash this holiday season.
“Ted”
Dec 11:

“Family Guy” creator, Seth McFarlane, makes his directorial debut in this smash comedy that took the world by storm, becoming the seventh highest grossing R-rated movie of all-time. It tells the story of a boy (Mark Wahlberg) who grows up with a talking bear, voiced by McFarlane himself, when it comes to a point in his life where he must decide between the friend he grew to love and the future he has with his girlfriend (Mila Kunis).
“Unorthodox Jukebox”
Dec. 11:

Bruno Mars has scheduled his sophomore studio album for this holiday season. This new album features the smash hit “Locked out of Heaven” and a multitude of genres. Mars unique and talented vocals will surely put this album at the top of the charts.

More of these great movies are coming to DVD and Blu-Ray this Christmas season.

Dec. 11

“Ice Age: Continental Drift”
“The Bourne Legacy ”

Dec. 18
“Total Recall”